Monday 5 March 2018

Twice a Roman soldier




I dreamed the 10th of November that I was a Roman soldier called Cyrus and in the dream there was some confusion to whether I was really Roman or Greek my dreamself didn't know how to interpret it. Our troops were wondering somewhere around the area of present day Belgium and there was something going on about Celts causing problems from the distance. My dreamself had a discussion with a friend of mine from this life. In the dream she got burned sort of at a stake and it had something to do with the Celts, but I didn't feel she was Roman in that life... My past self was uncertain and maybe even shy by nature, not very much a warrior type at all. I also remember seeing a big man carrying a large backpack-type of thing when in another scene our troops were walking on a shoreline. My past self was worried and sad for him and asked if he was ok, but the man just reassured he was fine, even though it was obvious he was straining himself.

I always thought the Celts were a British thing, but according to history they seem to have been around Belgium. I also found a very intriguing piece of information from Wikipedia: "According to Julius Caesar, the ancient Celts practiced the burning alive of humans in a number of settings."

Later last year I saw another dream that I was Roman and "the Italians" were attacking our side. I was again a soldier inside the 2nd or 3rd floor of a building. The uniform was different from the dream where I was Cyrus. There was a battle where so many of other soldiers from our troops died. I remember that first wave cornered me emotionally to take cover while the others were dying. I managed to survive. Then, from a large window space, there came a man with his hands raised in the air. He asked me not to kill him and he told me he was just a simple merchant selling wine which he had with him. He bargained me with his wine which did interest me, but I bought naught. I sent him on his way. Only a few moments later I realize the man was a scout to see how many men we had and what kind of a building it was that we had for our troops. Not too long after that armed men started to flood in from the window. I had my short sword and I decided to use it. It was all to my surprise that I didn't instantly die (in fact in the dream the moment of death or injury was never shown). I remember my past self cutting the blade to a man's neck and how it took actually more than one tries to cut the head off. I didn't want to leave them suffering, but there was also a spontaneous burst of curiosity for how that would feel and believe that on some level my past self did enjoy it. The dream stopped before the battle was over. 

I soon Googled if there was any sense at all to this dream. It sounded odd to me that "the Italians" were "attacking Rome". But indeed, it looks like in the 14th and 15th century there were battles where the Italians did attack Rome. 

"The First Italian War, sometimes referred to as the Italian War of 1494 or Charles VIII's Italian War, was the opening phase of the Italian Wars. The war pitted Charles VIII of France, who had initial Milanese aid, against the Holy Roman EmpireSpain, and an alliance of Italian powers led by Pope Alexander VI." 

"In the 14th and 15th centuries, northern-central Italy was divided into a number of warring city-states, the rest of the peninsula being occupied by the larger Papal States and the Kingdom of Sicily, referred to here as Naples. Though many of these city-states were often formally subordinate to foreign rulers, as in the case of the Duchy of Milan, which was officially a constituent state of the mainly Germanic Holy Roman Empire, the city-states generally managed to maintain de facto independence from the foreign sovereigns that had seized Italian lands following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire. The strongest among these city-states gradually absorbed the surrounding territories giving birth to the Signorie, regional states often led by merchant families which founded local dynasties. War between the city-states was endemic, and primarily fought by armies of mercenaries known as condottieri, bands of soldiers drawn from around Europe, especially Germany and Switzerland, led largely by Italian captains.[51] Decades of fighting eventually saw Florence, Milan and Venice emerged as the dominant players that agreed to the Peace of Lodi in 1454, which saw relative calm brought to the region for the first time in centuries. This peace would hold for the next forty years."

I find it intriguing there was some similarity between these two lives even though my personality traits seemed quite different from each other. Time will tell if any other information from these two lives comes forth in the future and how they may affect my current life. This is also one of the rare occasions I've discovered my past incarnation's name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment